July 18, 2012

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

A friend of mine did something like this a while back and I thought it was a great way to learn things about her that would likely never come up in conversation.  So, for my kids someday, for anyone out there who doesn't know... Here are 10 things you might no know about me.

1.  My most comfortable sleeping position is on my back with legs criss-cross-applesauce.  This grosses Jason out for some reason.

2.  A dream of mine that will never come to fruition is that I've always wanted to go live with the Amish for a year.  I think I would want to stay, though.

3.  I've always appreciated cleanliness.  When I was a baby, my mom would often walk in after my nap and find my diaper in a million pieces on the floor.  Seems I didn't like to be wet or dirty so I would take it off, piece by piece.

4.  I LOVE to mow the lawn.  Jason gets teased about this from his buds, but what they don't know is that I request that it be me that does it, not the other way around.

5.  If I was born a guy, I would totally have a manual labor job.  I love hard work.

6.  My mom says she sent me to a Christian university to find the man I would marry... She just didn't expect me to find him the first year I was there.

7.  I'm 35 and I've never gotten a speeding ticket.  Now watch, next week I'll get pulled over twice.

8.  The first meal I made for Jason as his wife was boxed macaroni and cheese.  I distinctly remember washing the dishes after that thinking, "I'm going to have to do this for the REST of my life... Ugh."  Who knew that 14 years later I would LOVE to cook and find it to be stress relieving.

9.  I absolutely HATED country music before I was married... but then I married a country music guy.  It took him about 12 years to convert me, but now that and Christian is all I'll listen to.  And I can't figure out for the life of me why my sister and brother-in-law make fun of me for it.

10.  Growing up I was the pickiest eater alive.  Wouldn't eat but maybe two types of fruit and corn was the only vegetable.  Also hated hamburgers and mostly ate pizza or cheese sandwiches (yes, that's cheese, butter, and bread- nutritious, I know).  Now, I'll eat just about anything and nothing makes me crazier than picky eaters.  Probably because I know they're just being stubborn, like I was. ;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, but up it to 25...10 wasn't enough! :0) My favorite: Amish living. I have quite a fascination with their lifestyle too!


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.