Hannah has a depth to her that very few 6 year olds posses. She is a wise soul living in a young body. She gives, loves, and laughs with such passion. Sometimes I just stand in awe of how tender she can be with others. Her gentle care, especially for others less fortunate, is, I know, God breathed. She is compassionate and kind with her siblings and always a friend. The contentedness she possesses is something of which I had more. She is teaching me to care less about situations which are beyond my capabilities... to stop trading my joy for control.
Hannah is a "stop and smell the roses" kind of girl. If you don't know Hannah, the story of Ferdinand the Bull sums her up quite well. While everyone around her might be busily doing that which they think needs to be done, Hannah is content to smell the flowers under the tree, deep in her own thoughts. She is not a quick mover; hurry is absolutely not a part of her vocabulary. But, she is a passionate thinker and feeler.
Just the other day I found a note she had written to God. It said, verbatim, "I love you so much Lord so much! So so so so so so much! I wish that I didn't have to die... Just I go up to heaven!" And when her sweet sister was sick for three days (on Hannah's birthday, even), she wrote this note, "Dear Ella. I love you Ella very, very much. So much that I can sing that song 'I got the love, love, love, love down in my heart.' I miss you. Feel better soon!" And her favorite thing to shout out to me as I'm turning off the lights at night, "I love you how much God loves us!" Finding and hearing things like this truly speaks to my soul in a way that nothing else can. It gives me pause to think about this complete person in this little body. She is already formed and created perfectly for His plan. And, I hold in my power the ability to gently guide her to His calling. What a huge responsibility! But, what an incredible blessing that he chose Jason and me to do the honors.
My Hannah,
I never could have imagined that this would be you. As I am standing on the edge of the person you are becoming, I am in awe. You bring gifts, blessings to this family that no one else can. You are peace, contentment, and true kindness all the way to the depths of your soul. The ease at which you posses these qualities is inspiring to each of us who know you. And, I know this is just the beginning of things to come.
It's just a joy to be around you. Your laughter is infectious. Just ask Gracyn or Ella. The way you can bring out deep, belly laughter from them brings a smile to my face. I'm so thankful that you love your siblings and enjoy their company. I'm thankful that they are teaching you, as you are teaching them. I also love to watch your creativity unfold in the ways you play with your siblings and friends. Pirates, puppies, whatever it may be... "I'm bored" is something I never hear coming from your mouth. What I do hear often, though, is, "Can I spend some time with you, Mom?" Just as you used to say, "I need you, Mommy," when you were a little toddler... And when you were an infant, simply the warmth of my closeness soothed your nerves. You have not changed. You still need time with your Momma and I'm gonna hold onto that as long as I can.
My precious Hannah, it was a lifetime ago that I held you in my arms for the first time. I had no idea then that your impact on me would be far greater than my impact on you. I didn't know that God could use a little person to grow and shape me! But, here I am, a better person for knowing you. I am forever grateful God has entrusted me with such a precious gift. Being the vessel for which He molds you is a joy like no other. I look forward to many more years learning you, knowing you, and watching you unfold like a beautiful flower. You are my sweetest Hannah. I love you ALMOST ;) as much as God loves us.
Love,
Momma
Hannah is a "stop and smell the roses" kind of girl. If you don't know Hannah, the story of Ferdinand the Bull sums her up quite well. While everyone around her might be busily doing that which they think needs to be done, Hannah is content to smell the flowers under the tree, deep in her own thoughts. She is not a quick mover; hurry is absolutely not a part of her vocabulary. But, she is a passionate thinker and feeler.
Just the other day I found a note she had written to God. It said, verbatim, "I love you so much Lord so much! So so so so so so much! I wish that I didn't have to die... Just I go up to heaven!" And when her sweet sister was sick for three days (on Hannah's birthday, even), she wrote this note, "Dear Ella. I love you Ella very, very much. So much that I can sing that song 'I got the love, love, love, love down in my heart.' I miss you. Feel better soon!" And her favorite thing to shout out to me as I'm turning off the lights at night, "I love you how much God loves us!" Finding and hearing things like this truly speaks to my soul in a way that nothing else can. It gives me pause to think about this complete person in this little body. She is already formed and created perfectly for His plan. And, I hold in my power the ability to gently guide her to His calling. What a huge responsibility! But, what an incredible blessing that he chose Jason and me to do the honors.
My Hannah,
I never could have imagined that this would be you. As I am standing on the edge of the person you are becoming, I am in awe. You bring gifts, blessings to this family that no one else can. You are peace, contentment, and true kindness all the way to the depths of your soul. The ease at which you posses these qualities is inspiring to each of us who know you. And, I know this is just the beginning of things to come.
It's just a joy to be around you. Your laughter is infectious. Just ask Gracyn or Ella. The way you can bring out deep, belly laughter from them brings a smile to my face. I'm so thankful that you love your siblings and enjoy their company. I'm thankful that they are teaching you, as you are teaching them. I also love to watch your creativity unfold in the ways you play with your siblings and friends. Pirates, puppies, whatever it may be... "I'm bored" is something I never hear coming from your mouth. What I do hear often, though, is, "Can I spend some time with you, Mom?" Just as you used to say, "I need you, Mommy," when you were a little toddler... And when you were an infant, simply the warmth of my closeness soothed your nerves. You have not changed. You still need time with your Momma and I'm gonna hold onto that as long as I can.
My precious Hannah, it was a lifetime ago that I held you in my arms for the first time. I had no idea then that your impact on me would be far greater than my impact on you. I didn't know that God could use a little person to grow and shape me! But, here I am, a better person for knowing you. I am forever grateful God has entrusted me with such a precious gift. Being the vessel for which He molds you is a joy like no other. I look forward to many more years learning you, knowing you, and watching you unfold like a beautiful flower. You are my sweetest Hannah. I love you ALMOST ;) as much as God loves us.
Love,
Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment