Today I was sitting on the floor in the family room with Gracyn and Hannah. I hear a muffled noise coming from the bathroom... Taking a moment to make out the noise, I realize it's Ella...
"Hey Mom!" which usually follows with "I need you!"
But, today was different. It went more like this:
"What are you doin'?" Since I have no visuals, it's important to realize that she's in the bathroom with the door closed.
"Um... Just sitting on the floor with Gracyn and Hannah."
"Oh. Why?"
"We're just playin'."
"Oh."
By this time, Jason had strolled in the room and joined us. He heard the tail end of the conversation.
So, a few minutes go by and I've forgotten all about Ella being in the bathroom.
Until.
Jason and I hear a struggle with the doorknob. We look at the bathroom... Look at each other... Who's gonna get up and help her? We giggle a little and Jason asks, "Did ya lock yourself in?" To which Ella finally manages to open the door and peek her head out. And at that moment we both began to roll with laughter. You see, Ella not only peeked her head out, but she did so with a bike helmet on. And not just any bike helmet. Her sister's. And not just any sister... Her baby sister's.
It. Was. So. Funny.
Wish I had had a camera... Or the energy to get up and get my camera that was just in the other room. But, that visual will stick with me for a very long time, indeed!
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
►
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
▼
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment