I often wondered if there was a difference in carrying boys vs. girls. A lot of my friends and family always talk about how active their boys were in the womb and how quiet the girls were. Well, I have noticed a difference, but it isn't exactly an activity level difference. Here's the run-down.
Ella: Incredibly calm and quiet. Movements were minor and didn't kick much unless Jason talked to her through my tummy or I pressed on my belly. Hiccups everyday at 1:00.
Hannah: Rapid movements and kicks... Akin to a machine gun. Not hard, but fast. Felt her movements early on. Hiccups often, but not daily.
Gracyn: Somewhere in-between the first two. Not rapidly moving, like Hannah, but not entirely mellow, like Ella. Active at night... Hiccups daily.
Kaden: Mostly a quiet little guy in terms of activity levels. He is active in the evening for an hour or so, but during the day I feel him only occasionally... A kick here, a kick there. But, the BIG difference I notice is his strength! When he kicks, he gives it his all. It doesn't hurt or anything like that, but it is quite noticeably different from the estrogen-induced kicks I've felt before. :) This time, my entire belly moves with each kick.
Can't wait to meet the little guy.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
►
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
▼
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
2 comments:
[Big grin]
I am so excited for you. I have never mothered girls, but have experienced the joy of little boys. They are amazing!
A
Post a Comment