August 2, 2010

More Hannahisms

Hannah:  Mom, I have lots of owies on my leg. 
Mom:  Really?  From all the bug bites?
Hannah:  Yeah.  And this one here is from the hummingbird that tried to suck nectar from my leg.
Mom:  (processing...) Um... There's nectar in your leg?
Hannah:  No, just bones.
Mom:  ... Ok... I see what you're saying, then.


Another day... Another time...
Hannah: Mom, can we wear some of your lipstick?
Mom:  Well, I can see that you already have some lip gloss on.  I don't think you need lipstick on top of the gloss.
Hannah:  Mooooom.... We're just trying to look colorful!

This one is from this afternoon...
Hannah:  Mom, I don't eat my boogers anymore.
Mom: Well, good for you!  So glad to hear that!
Hannah: Yeah, I used to eat my boogers when I was three, but now I'm four, so I don't eat them anymore.
Mom:  Ahh, I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that.


Little Miss Thang dresses herself now (usually 3-4 different outfits a day).  Most days there's no telling what concoction she'll come downstairs wearing.  I must admit, though, she has her own sense of style at the tender age of four that I find adorably cute. 

3 comments:

Ali said...

I looooooooooove you, Little Miss Thang!!!!

Love,
Aunt Ali

Brian said...

- When I became an adult, I put away childish things...

I teach . . . said...

She is a doll . . . all Minniear, for sure.

A


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.