March 7, 2009

Little Lamb


We've hit the magical three month mark! Although with Gracyn, it's truly been magic from the beginning. She began rolling over a few weeks ago, a little early because she's a belly sleeper. It's funny to find her in her crib after she's rolled over. She'll have a deer-in-headlights look on her face. I picture she's thinking, "What? Who? Where am I? How'd I get here?" I just roll her back over and she's off to dreamland again.

After a growth spurt with lots of nursing throughout the day, she began sleeping 12 hours for me at night. She goes down about 6:30 in the evening and wakes between 6 and 7:30. Some mornings the little angel will even go back to sleep till about 9. What did I do to deserve this? :) Ahhh...

She is beginning to enjoy the big girls' affection now. When I'm making dinner, she's quite entertained by all the kisses and conversations of E and H. She'll even fuss a bit until they come around, as though she's saying, "Where's my sisters??"

It's funny to hear what I say and what Jason says to Gracyn through the voices of Ella and Hannah. They'll say things like, "Hi, beautiful! You're so beautiful, yes you are! Whacha doin' tutti fruiti? Oh, you better stop it, stop talkin' so much!" Of course all in a sing-song voice. They are too cute! They were both telling G to stop talkin' the other day (in a silly voice), and I thought, "Hm, where'd they pick that up?" Sure enough, Jason came home and started saying that to her. I didn't even realize... Makes you wonder what else they're picking up!?!

1 comment:

gillian said...

Hey Erin!!! I happened on your blog through Rebeccas! I can't believe Gracyn is sleeping 12 hours!!!! You are so lucky!!! and I'm SO jealous!!! Love reading about how Ella and Hannah talk to Gracyn in a sing-song voice...Owen does the same thing to Layla, usually it's "who's a good girl, who's a good girl, who's a good girl, you are!" LOL!!!


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.