I was so excited for her today. So happy to see her so happy. These are the days. Nostalgia in the making. I've thought of her so much tonight; hoping she's still happy. Hoping she's eating right and will sleep well. But, I know, too, that she's probably eaten her weight in sugar already and won't close her eyelids until long after I've fallen fast asleep. And that's all good and fine and just as it should be.
She's such an incredible person. She makes me laugh when I least expect it. She makes me cry when I least expect it. She's sensitive, introspective, and has this quiet obedient way about her. But, she's also bold and outgoing and carefree - qualities I never possessed. Ever.
This really is so much fun. Watching her grow. Watching her become Ella. My prayer is that we are wise enough to give her room to grow with all the right ever-moving boundaries in all the right places. I know we'll mess up. We've parented long enough to know that's par for the course. But she's the most forgiving person I know, and with that quality alone, I know she's on the right track.
First ever mother/daughter selfie.
Besties
Saying Goodbye
Mom and Dad Who?
No comments:
Post a Comment