November 18, 2016

Time Lost but Not Forgotten

It's been a few years... I've neglected this part of my life. My memories. My stress release. The purpose of this blog has always been for the kids. Something take with them when they leave. All of our memories, times together, lessons learned penned here. After losing Lilia, it was just too hard. We were overflowing with grief. And then a year and a half later we were overflowing with joy. And a newborn. And f.i.v.e. living children. Life. Was. Full.

One of the things I'm saddest about missing these past (almost) 4 years is the birthday letters. The birthday letters were my gift to each child. I had so hoped to give them 18 letters that reflected each year of growth and changes... The highs and even some lows of growing up Anderson. I hoped they could look back on each year, laugh, and sometimes cry at the memories recorded and stand amazed, as I am, at the person they have become.

I have some making up to do. It is my hope to take some time for each child's missing years and record how I have seen them change and grow and amaze me.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Can't wait!! :)


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.