We stayed in the park's lodge, which was quaint and adorable and extremely small for 7 bodies. I couldn't help but think of my Grams and Gramps who spent much of their retirement years traveling across the country and staying in places like that. It was no Hilton, but it was so much more my cup o' tea. The kids "mined" for gems and fossils. Twice. We hiked a trail (that felt like 10 miles carrying a toddler but was probably more like 2) from our lodge to the falls. We saw snakes, got sprayed, hid in "caves" and just enjoyed the beauty of God's amazing handiwork. It was a trip I'll never forget. And I know the kids will remember it forever, too.
November 26, 2016
Cumberland Falls, Kentucky
One of our goals as a family is to visit every state. This may or may not happen before Ella leaves the house in 7 years, but we are bound and determined to visit MANY before then! One thing we hope to do is explore several of the many national parks. We got to dabble a bit this spring in visiting Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky, and that sparked our fire to take advantage of the natural beauty all around us here in our own country. Here is a pic from Cumberland Falls, and it is also our first ever family selfie. It only took 7 tries to get us all in ;).

We stayed in the park's lodge, which was quaint and adorable and extremely small for 7 bodies. I couldn't help but think of my Grams and Gramps who spent much of their retirement years traveling across the country and staying in places like that. It was no Hilton, but it was so much more my cup o' tea. The kids "mined" for gems and fossils. Twice. We hiked a trail (that felt like 10 miles carrying a toddler but was probably more like 2) from our lodge to the falls. We saw snakes, got sprayed, hid in "caves" and just enjoyed the beauty of God's amazing handiwork. It was a trip I'll never forget. And I know the kids will remember it forever, too.
We stayed in the park's lodge, which was quaint and adorable and extremely small for 7 bodies. I couldn't help but think of my Grams and Gramps who spent much of their retirement years traveling across the country and staying in places like that. It was no Hilton, but it was so much more my cup o' tea. The kids "mined" for gems and fossils. Twice. We hiked a trail (that felt like 10 miles carrying a toddler but was probably more like 2) from our lodge to the falls. We saw snakes, got sprayed, hid in "caves" and just enjoyed the beauty of God's amazing handiwork. It was a trip I'll never forget. And I know the kids will remember it forever, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
►
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment