June 18, 2014

He Started It!

So a little explanation needed... We had had floods of rains and the kids rather enjoyed putting on their boots and tromping around the very muddy garden (that had not yet been planted).  Next thing I know, this happened.  Of course, I had two older sisters coming in to tell me all about what THEY were doing.  I let it slide and allowed them the enjoyment of mud play.



Largely because I remember vividly this:


This story is a little different, however.  My bother and I heard the ice cream truck and went after him.  If I remember correctly, we did not reach him in time. We were disappointed.  Clearly that didn't stop my brother from starting a little fun of his own.  And yes, in this case, he DID start it!  I can still remember turning around to my name being called only to be met with a mud pie right in the face.  Coming home,  I thought for sure I was dead meat.  Can't you see it written all over my face? What I remember most, however, is my dad laughing hysterically.  :)







4 comments:

Steve Minniear said...

Absolutely one of my all time favorite pictures and memories of our kiddies growing up!

Dad (yes, it still makes me laugh!)

Steve Minniear said...

Hey, I just noticed something that could well be a Freudian slip....in the first sentence you call Brian your "bother" and not your "brother!" Hehe.....

Gretchen said...

That is hilarious! And the pic of you and your brother totally looks like a pic of your firstborn (a boy version of her) and your 5 yr old! Too cute!

Unknown said...

This just goes to show....history repeats itself!


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.