Nine years old is an interesting place to be. There's still a lot of playful childish ways in niners, but with the ever increasing awareness of the world at large... Deeper thoughts, selfless actions, self reflection, and necessary retrieval for recuperating. I see Ella standing on the edge of really beginning to understand herself, understand her impact on others. It's quite a unique position for a mother if she can really hone in on this precious time of growth in her babies.
At nine years old, Ella still loves slapstick humor (I really don't think she will EVER grow out of that). She continues to love the outdoors and all things nature. She is our caregiver for all of our 7 animals (6 chickens and Mr. Guinea Pig). She's the responsible, trustworthy one whom I can count on to get the job done (98% of the time). She continues to be enthralled with her father - a fact that brings me great comfort. To know that when she looks for a husband someday, Jason will be her model... I just couldn't ask for a higher standard for her future mate to rise to. And she is developing more fully her incredible gift as servant. Serving others, serving her family - this is how Ella loves. She loves through touch and affection, playfulness, and laughter as well. But service - wow. This is her gift.
A lot of things come naturally to Ella. She's quite talented in piano, also
We are at the halfway mark. As quickly as the last nine years have flown, the next will fly even faster. To get to be a part of it with this amazingly precious little girl is an honor beyond words.
My still sweet little Ella,
To be a parent is truly one of the most fascinating things a human can do. To watch a person unfold before your very eyes is nothing short of captivating and miraculous. And you, Elle Belle, have not disappointed in this wonderworking event in which I have the privilege to play a part.
Though I use to peg you as an introvert, it is very clear you are growing into the opposite. Though you have some introverted tendencies, it is clear you charge your batteries via others. Whether it be your sister, your numerous friends at co-op, or even your mom and dad, you love to be in the presence of others. You get your energy from interaction... And a lot of laughter :).
I know that when you are grown, you will look so fondly on the sharing of your room with your sisters. Each night is practically a slumber party and the giggles are almost without pause. Sometimes I hate to be the bad guy and break up the incredible memories being made, but school without exhaustion beckons me to be The Momma and lay down the law.
I have loved homeschooling you. You amaze me with your eagerness to learn, and your ability to learn quickly. Also, I love that you get to be a kid. A real, true kid who has time to explore our woods for hours on end, to make donuts out of mud pies, mazes for the guinea pig, secret clubs, and even opening your own business(es). You are still a kid who hasn't had to succumb to the pressures of growing up before your time and I value that more than anything. I'm thankful you can be who YOU are and grow in your confidence what that looks like.
And though I can't hold you anymore on my lap like I used to, you still love to sit close. You do it less and less, but the times you do, I absolutely treasure. The moments are passing all too swiftly, but I do my best to press pause on the those special gifts of connection you give to me - all without your even realizing it is a gift.
Ella, I love you as much today as the day the doctor laid you on my chest. You were a bundle of newness and uncharted territory then - just as today. Although I know you well, you are changing and blossoming all the time - keeping me on the sidelines of anticipation for what the future holds. You are among my most precious gifts and you are my first. Happy ninth birthday, my Belle. Momma loves you to everywhere and back.
XO,
Mom
PARTY TIME

No comments:
Post a Comment