I love spending time alone with each of our kids. Time together as a family is great, but one on one they are vulnerable with me, wide open with their thoughts. I usually try to get time with each of them at night as I tuck them in, but the girls all share a room; someone is always chiming in to our conversation. As we try to be intentional about doing dates, coffee mornings, or just running errands with just one, sometimes a bit of time can get away before we realize that it has been a while.
This weekend I ran a few errands with Hannah. She is such a precious little soul. I love to hear what she's thinking - and she's always thinking. She has a really big heart for people. After interacting with some employees at a restaurant, we got in the car, buckled up, and the conversation started to flow...
"Mom, why do dark skinned people not believe in God? You know, the one's who wear those hats on their heads?" (referring to Muslims)
"Well, sweetie, that's not an easy answer. Sometimes it's because they have not met Jesus; they haven't read the Bible to know who He is," I explained.
"But, if they would just read the Bible they would know that Jesus died for our sins," she said so innocently.
"You're right. Sometimes though, even people have read the Bible, but they still don't believe. They think that Jesus is not who He says He is," trying to help her understand this great big world.
"I just don't understand why they wouldn't believe!"
"Well, there are a lot of people who don't believe, sadly. Jesus said 'The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few,'" taking some time to discuss that idea. "He wants you and me, those who know Him, to show others Jesus."
Thinking... And I love this part, "You know, I think it's like Kaden. Last night when he didn't want to eat his dinner, he wouldn't even try it because he said he didn't like it. If he would just try it, he would probably like it. I think it's like that for people who don't believe in God. If they would just try Him and give Him a chance, then they would probably believe."
Oh, wow. So true. So wise. If people would just try Him they would see His beauty, His grace, His love for us. But, there are many who are unwilling to even try. Perhaps because of their own hardened hearts, or perhaps because of people, Christians like you and me, who in our own self-righteousness live in judgement instead of grace. We misrepresent Christ. I know I've done it - too many times to count. I want so desperately to live in grace, because, that is after all a HUGE part of who He is. He has shown that to me over and over... and over again, especially these past 8 months.
Taste and see... Oh, how I want others to see my life, taste the Lord and see that He is good. Because He is. So simply, so perfectly, He is good.
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
▼
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
►
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
1 comment:
Sooooo sweet..I love Hannah's heart. Yes, so wise and perceptive..thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment