I remember the first night Jason and I were married.... I remember thinking, "So, I get to sleep next to my best friend for the rest of my life. It's like a perpetual slumber party!" I imagine that may be a little bit of what the girls feel each night as they go to bed.
For a while, Gracyn shared a room with Ella and Hannah. Due to the baby coming and some other things, we have moved Gracyn in with Kaden. But on special nights like tonight, Gracyn gets to sleep in the Big Girls' room. I told Ella about this plan and she responded with a fist pump and a "YES!" Right now, they are upstairs, waaaaaaaaay past Gracyn's bedtime since she is no longer napping, and having the time of their lives. It seems that Ella and Hannah have been working on a puppet show each night at bedtime, and now, Gracyn gets to be the test audience.
Just as I was coming upstairs to give kisses goodnight, I overheard Gracyn say, "You guys are the best!" My heart was warmed all the way through. With things like that... The love that I see in them deepening for each other... It is SO not difficult to fight my motherly instincts to tell them to "Quiet down, now... Gracyn needs her rest!" or "Now that's enough girls, we have school tomorrow!" Nah, I think I'll pass on that instinct and just let it roll.
Oh, and another sweet moment: As I was putting Kaden down, Gracyn peeked into the room and said with her heart full of love, "Goodnight Kaden. I gonna miss you. I love you so much, Kaden. But I gonna sleep in Ella and Hannah's room tonight, K? Don't worry, I love you, Kaden." Naturally, Kaden leaned down with smooching lips ready.
I love these kids.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
▼
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
►
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment