I am spoiled. Every year on our anniversary I receive a beautifully framed letter or poem from Jason. This past May we celebrated our 14th anniversary. So, with the 14 years we've been married, the day we got married, and the night he proposed, I now have 16 of these preciously framed memories. If you visit our home, you'll find them scattered throughout the house. It is our hope that someday when we are long gone, the kids will have something tangible to remember our happiness together, the ways we grew and were challenged, and the love we shared. With his permission, I wanted to share with you my favorite (each progressive year is my "favorite" by the way). Seriously, though, my favorite...
A Letter to My Arrows
Psalm 127:3-5
Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
they are a reward from him.Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
5 He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.
Hannah: Your sweet spirit envelopes a room. Your heart is tender and you love to make others happy. I pray that your life brings joy to Christ in a way that it brings joy to those around you. Be anxious for nothing and never let stress overcome your laughter - life is too short. Don't allow your desire to please others become a hurdle to pleasing God. Take the path less traveled by, it usually makes all the difference.
Gracyn: Your personality is stil forming, but one thing is for sure - you have plenty to go around. Your hugs and smiles calm my spirit and fill me with joy. I cannot imagine one day without you. I pray you seek wisdom and discernment throughout your life. Remember who and what is important - the trophies of the world are fleeting, instead serve others earnestly and invest in the lives of those around you - they are the children of God.
Kaden: You are all boy. I love it that you can sit peacefully or "attack" fervently. I pray that you "attack" your weaknesses and work hard to become the man that God has called you to be. You will be tempted in ways unspoken and challenged beyond the will of any man. Be patient and steadfast, leaning not on your own understanding! The Lord knew you before you were seen and has a plan that surpasses all imagination. I cannot wait to see what you do.
Baby Anderson: Though we have not seen your face, we know that you are being perfectly crafted by God. I pray the Lord calls you to great challenges with incredible rewards. May the evidence of God's hand be ever-present in your life. Mom and I cannot wait to meet you.
Erin: I cannot imagine anyone doing a better job of raising our children. I sit in amazement at your passion, perseverance, love, and wisdom. Thank you for 14 colorful years and
Happy 14th Anniversary
Love,
Jason
1 comment:
Stunning.
Post a Comment