December 30, 2011

There's whole lotta talkin' going around this house.  At any given moment someone is chatting, playing, singing, crying, or laughing with someone else.  And I. Love. That.  Sure, there are moments when I would give anything for some peace and quiet, but there'll be plenty of time for that when the house is empty and I spend my days crocheting in an old rickety rocking chair. 

Here are a few of our most recent conversations that keep us smiling.

Recently we took the girls to see the Muppets.  Though it wasn't the greatest show of the season, it did have some cute kid friendly music.  So naturally, we bought some of the songs off of itunes and the girls insist on dancing to it almost daily.  And Hannah, in her sweet 5 year old voice, asks me every time, without fail, just like this, "Mom, can we put on some of the Muffets songs?"
"Hun, I think you mean Muppets." 
"That's what I said, I said, 'Muffets!'"

Gracyn wakes up every morning with her stomach growling... Like a lion.  "Mommy, me hu-hu-huuuuungy!"  Is the first thing I hear out of her mouth almost every morning.  So, when Kaden was sick the other day, Gracyn felt the urge to tell me, "Mommy, Kaden hu-hu-sick!"

Love it. 

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.