I remember a lot of my childhood Christmases. But, do you know the ones that stand out the most? Those that were spent with family. It's not the ones where I got the biggest gift, or the most presents... Not the ones where I got just-what-I-wanted, or everything I wanted... Just, simply put, time with family.
I loved then and I love now a house full of my dearest family members... The chattering, the laughing, and whenever my musical family is involved, the carol singing and playing, too. We had a Christmas to remember this year. And it wasn't because the girls received their first ever pets. It was because we were together... Playing games late into the night... Drinking Wasilla (er... is that Wassail??)... Beating Grandmama at horseshoes... Making cookies with Grandma and Grandpa but NOT Mom and Dad... Crashing helicopters... Watching online for Santa's sleigh... Cooking dinners together... Eating too much together... and just being together. That is what makes Christmas Christmas in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)








No comments:
Post a Comment