September 4, 2011

Gone Fishin'

The girls have been asking when we are going to go fishing.  Well, if you've never visited South Carolina before, let me tell you a little something special about this state...  Every bug ever known to man seems to find its natural habitat here.  Seriously.  Never seen anything like it.  So, as you can imagine... They say "Fishing!" and we think, "BUGS!" Add to that 100 degree heat, well, you've got yourself a full body glue stick for them thar bugs.

But, the mornings have begun getting cooler and well, the girls have been asking.  So, we decided it was time.  Saturday mornings are our typical Family Breakfast Day.  So, naturally, we had to have some good eats for the fishin'.  I've been fanatical about Pioneer Woman's cookbook lately and I thought I'd give her cinnamon rolls a try.  We (Jason and I) stayed up late into the night Friday night perfecting these beauties.  Had to make a few corrections due to Gracyn's dairy allergy/intolerance (whatever it is)... So, the "rolls" were more like "piles". But, they were still unbelievable. Un. Be. Lievable. Anyway, I digress.

So, the girls wasted no time getting ready Saturday morning.  And after stuffing ourselves full with the cinnamon piles, we managed to drag ourselves to the van to try and get ourselves a catch.  Here are a few pics from our morning together.




 Love, love, love it that my girls are fearless when it comes to bugs, but still love a good "make-over" too!  (Oh, me?  I won't go near those nasty things, I'll just leave that to them :).

You KNOW she's thinking just that!
 

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.