I should be folding laundry right now. But, I wanted to take a minute to tell you about an amazing person I know.
Our pastor says all the time when speaking to single women, "There are many Godly women, but Godly men are seriously lacking." When I prayed for Jason (whom at the time I didn't know would turn out to be... Jason), I asked God for someone who would love and honor Him more than he would love and honor me. Romans 8:26 says, "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." There's no doubt this simple prayer of mine was the Spirit interceding... I was certainly not wise enough to fully comprehend what I was asking for. All I knew was that I was a selfish person. I needed a mate who would override my selfish desires and lead us down His path... not my own.
Enter: Jason. He is among the few Godly men our pastor speaks of. He is selfless, compassionate, wise... He is gracious, generous, and trustworthy. All those years ago I fell in love with his honesty, integrity, and desire to follow God no matter what the cost. And here we are today. I'm so incredibly grateful God answered my prayer the way He did. And I KNOW I am the lucky one.
I love how Jason can fix anything... ANYTHING (well, I'm not so sure he's gifted in the car department). I love how he always has a project or twelve going. I love how his gears are always turning in the invention department... And I think after 13 years it's rubbing off on me (did someone say "Roven"?)... I love how much the girls ADORE him... I love how much he ADORES them. I love it that he doesn't spend every Saturday (or any Saturday for that matter) in front of the TV watching the same game over and over... and over again. I love it that his family is more important than sports. I love it that he thinks he sounds like Michael Jackson even though I've never met anyone more tone deaf than he (sorry hun). I love it that he secretly know this anyway but will still do his best MJ impression for me. It's awful cute. I love it that for the last year (or maybe longer) he has woken up early on his only morning to sleep in so that he could make his family breakfast. This is everyone's favorite day of the week. I love it that he listens to and shares in my dreams and I'm thankful he, with God's guidance, is willing to see them fulfilled.
I love you more and more and more each day I am by your side. Happy Birthday, Babe. Thanks for being all you are to each of us.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
2 comments:
I love you too! The "Roven" is still a HORRIBLE idea!
Jason and Eric sound so similar. I love that you are so happy (and happily blessed).
Post a Comment