For some time I have viewed this blog as a record of our crazy life as a growing family. I've always imagined that it would be given as a gift to each child as he/she leaves "the nest"... Something tangible to look back on, laugh about, maybe even cry a tear or two over the memories we've created.
But, I've been thinking. Perhaps it would be nice to leave them with more than just memories. What would it be like to leave them with a little bit of wisdom we are gaining along the way, too? We spend so much time teaching our little ones about cleanliness, orderliness, responsibility, cooperation, obedience, and so on... How to be an adult, essentially. But how much time do we invest in pouring wisdom into their little souls? Wisdom comes with experience, I know. But how great would it be to have a little insight, a little perspective before they venture down the road of parenting... Or just life, in general.
Thus, we have "What I Know". Granted, what I know changes, evolves constantly. But, it is my hope that my kids will appreciate a written record of how I have grown and changed in what I know. It is my desire that they will find nuggets to hold onto that will help them along the way.
So, when the two people who read actually read this blog see the "What I Know" posts, feel free to come back another day. It's likely something you already know and learned a long time ago. My ramblings won't be all that interesting to you, I know. But, it's my desire that my sweet babes will find it interesting, maybe even laughable, and hopefully a little bit educational to learn alongside me.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment