One of the many ways we feel blessed is through family. It isn't often enough that we get to spend time with them, though. But a few weeks ago, we ventured up to Maryland to visit Jason's sister and her sweet family.
It's a (supposed to be) 7 hour trip. I'll spare you the details of how our GPS took us through Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. during rush hour traffic... Yea, I won't tell you that the kids actually were fantastic but the adults in the car would have rather eaten glass (in Jason's words). Needless to say, we were happy to get there. Finally.
Rileigh (pictured above) is almost 7 months older than Ella. I love it that the girls are so close in age, for the most part. They all played SO well together and there were many tears on the car ride home about missing Ri. She's an absolute cutie, full of energy and fun. Her awesome brother, Logan, just turned 15. Whoa! He was the ring bearer in our wedding... Cute as a button... Nearly all grown up now. He is one of the neatest kids I've ever met. Incredibly smart with a huge, caring heart. To watch him become a brother at 8 years old and take on that role so naturally... Amazing.
In the busyness of life, we don't always prioritize our time well. But my hope is that the future will have much more visits with the Mansfield cousins. There's just a special connection with family that instantly ignites when we're all together. I know, I have it with my own cousins. And I want to give that gift to our kids, as well.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment