It has only been one week, but the cheers and the "How many more turns till we get there, Mommy?" is enough to set a mom's anxious heart at ease. To say they love school is an understatement! They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school!
I've heard many positive reviews each day. In fact, it's hard to get in a word edgewise due to all the details I hear about. Ella is befriending someone new each day - a true milestone for my super shy little one. She loves her classroom pets - a hamster and a fish tank "with a treasure box in it, Mommy!" She even got to be the leader on the very first day. What luck! :)
Hannah has made jello this week, met a few new friends, and even gotten to participate in center time with Ella's class (they share a wall)! Her sweet little friend, Lauren, is also in her class which is helping to ease some of her anxieties. She gets to paint (plus), write (plus), and play outside (double plus)... Just a few of her favorites. :)
I think it's going to be a fantastic year. Not only for the girls, but for Mommy, too ;)!
Cute note here: I set up the camera to take a pic with the big girls. Gracyn was out of the shot playing with her golf clubs when I said, "Girls! Get ready to take the pic and smile!" Guess who stopped what she was doing, rushed over in front of the camera and cheesed it up? Soooooo, next time I wonder if she is having trouble understanding me (ie "Gracyn, PUT IT DOWN!"), I'm remembering this moment.
Love it that Hannah picked out her own socks after I chose some simple, boring white ones. :) This gal has style!
There's a smile under there, somewhere.



2 comments:
Cute photos! I thought you were homeschooling. What brought the change?
Homeschooling? I am glad you decided not to. There si so much to learn from being with other kiddos. (Good and bad. Just filter out the bad with many dinnertime conversations.)
Amanda
Post a Comment