May 13, 2010

Moments Like These

Well, it's been a challenging week... er weeks... As seen from my last post.  For the past month, my girls have been fortunate enough to get the stomach bug... twice.  We are now working on the second round and Hannah is the last to get it.  Lucky for me, it is overlapping with Gracyn's illness and I have two lil' ones not quite themselves.  While it's easy for me to get down when I feel like these two arms and two legs are not enough to care for all the needs, it's moments like these that make all the difficulties melt away...

I was trying to grab a quick nap today during the big girls' rest time.  Needless to say, I didn't get much shut eye.  I felt it as I was lying there with my eyes closed... I could hear the breathing and knew soon enough I wasn't alone.   Sure enough, when I opened my eyes there were four brighter ones peering over my bed, waiting patiently for me to awaken.  Two sweet little hands held out a cup for me to take.  It was a cold glass of ice water.  "We're gonna stay downstairs, okay, Mommy?"  "Sure, hun, just please close my door."  I laid my head back down and heard little feet scuttle out of the room, and it wasn't but a few minutes later when I heard them scuttle back in.  I was determined this time to keep my eyes closed and relieved to find they didn't bother to "wake" me.  

When I finally did open my eyes, I saw these two hand-made cards next to me on the bed, along with a banana. 
It reads, "Thac Yu Erin" (translation: Thank You Erin).  My heart immediately melted and instantly forgot about the last four weeks of sheer exhaustion, physically and mentally.  It was truly the best gift I could receive because it didn't come from my imagination... My suggestion... My requiring them to be kind.... It came from their heart.  Sweet and pure.  

As if this wasn't enough, another surprise awaited me outside of my room... The family room, the dining room table, and the sunroom all had been cleaned - spotless!  And the icing on the cake... A pleasant fragrant room spray was the final touch.  


Priceless.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an incredible gift you received from your girls! All the love you've them through the years has finally come full circle!

Anonymous said...

OK, this blog entry just melted my heart! Homemade goodies from the heart are the best! I'm sorry to hear that your house has been rotating with illness!
Paula


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.