November 11, 2009

Learning to Pray

Something I wish I did more often was have a daily devotion with the girls. We get them in some mornings, but not nearly as much as we should. Yesterday, we read from Mark where Jesus healed the blind man with mud and spit. We acted it out and talked about how God heals us. Before we prayed we talked about how God wants us to ask him for healing for not only ourselves but for others, as well. Hannah immediately thought of a friend's mother who has the Swine Flu. And I also told them about a dear friend who's mother is battling cancer. We talked about what that meant and how we needed to ask God to take the tumor out of her belly.
Then we prayed. How sweet, innocent, and beautiful it was to hear them ask for healing for these two women. Seems to me that their precious prayers were far mightier than anything I could ever say.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.