September 30, 2009

A Gentle Answer...

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

This is something you'd hear often in our home as we are learning not to shout at one another when a toy is taken or (fill in the blank). So we've discussed many times about speaking with gentle words to one another instead of stirring up anger in the other person. I've seen a wonderful response from the girls with this scripture verse, but it is one that we revisit every day.

Ella informed me that there are two girls in her Bible school class who just do not get along sometimes. During class today, Ella informed me that she told one of them about this scripture verse and that she must run along and tell her rival about it, as well. Perhaps they would get along better :) if they heeded God's design for communication. I LOVE it that these words are sinking in and they have real meaning to Ella. She's getting it.

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.