January 2, 2009





















Hard to believe Gracyn is three weeks old already. She is a dream baby; a great end note to our little family. The girls continue to be completely smitten with their baby sister. Hannah, the lover, can't stop kissing her and Ella, the mother, continually wants to hold her. I wish I could say that Gracyn loves the attention, but for now she's happiest when she can have her own space. We are working on "boundaries" with the girls - a hard concept to grasp for a 2 and 3 year old who want nothing more than to play with their "live" baby doll.

The girls are always telling me if they hear Gracyn crying. Hannah's famous for saying, "Mommy, Gracyn's crying... She wants you to howd her" or "feed her!" Ella loves it when G interacts with her - even if it's pulling her hair, she giggles like crazy.

Gracyn's beginning to study faces during her wake times, and last night Jason swore she smiled from ear to ear at him. She's also already beginning to move around the crib a bit. I won't be surprised if she rolls over earlier than the other two did. She sleeps well throughout the day and has only a small restless period from 9-11 PM. But, as long as she's with me or Jason, she's quiet as a mouse. She sleeps at night for a 4 then 5 hour period with a feeding in between. We seem to have figured things out, now, with the third. I find myself saying on many occasions, "I wish I had done that with the other two..." Oh well, you live and you learn.

Will have more things to share as the weeks move on and fly by...

1 comment:

Arin said...

Oh my, she's beautiful! More pictures, more stories, please!


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.