December 20, 2008

Sweet Gracyn

Gracyn Evalyn Anderson increased our family of two beautiful daughters to three on December 11, 2008. I was scheduled to be induced at 5 a.m., but sweet Gracyn decided she would come on her own terms. Labor began around midnight Thursday morning, thus we arrived at the hospital earlier than the scheduled induction. With the doctor's approval, we allowed Gracyn to come on her own. Knowing that our second daughter came quite quickly once "it was time", I had a feeling that Gracyn might just do the same. Sure enough, Gracyn was not willing to wait for the doctor to get to the delivery room, and she came without much warning at 2:59 p.m. Though the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice, it did not deter her from announcing to the world that she had arrived. She was perfect from head to toe, reminding us much of her biggest sister's looks at birth.
Gracyn has been a true angel, rarely making a peep. She sleeps well, eats well, and is beginning to stay awake for short bursts (just enough to appease her bigger sisters). Ella and Hannah cannot get enough of her, fighting over who gets to hold, kiss, snuggle, touch, watch etc. her. We could not have asked for a smoother transition with the bigger girls, and we could not have received a more precious gift this Christmas.
More pictures to come.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JaBLes D said...

Congratulations to all! We are so happy for you! She is beautiful...just like her sisters!

The LeBlanc Family

I teach . . . said...

Erin, congratulations to you, Jason, Hannah and Ella! What a beautiful way to end 2008. You are blessed!

Amanda (Eric and the rascals, too)

Kayne and Thomas said...

She is beautiful, Erin!! Thanks for posting the pictures!! I can't wait to meet her soon!


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.