October 13, 2008

Potty Training 101

So I thought I had it down pat... Ella was a breeze and Hannah trained in June quite simply. I was a proud mother of 2 diaperless girls! Yea! But, H regressed upon visiting her grandparents in July and we are back to potty training 101.

She seems to find it amusing now (not surprising, as everything is comical to her) to remove her diaper at naptime, as well as the rest of her clothing. This, of course, becomes quite a party for her and has taken to skipping her nap from time to time... As you may have guessed, being naked is much more fun than sleeping.

So, today was no exception. I heard her playing in her crib today but left her there for her normal naptime. She yelled out, from time to time, "MOMMY!!!! I GOTTA GO POTTY!!!" This I have learned to ignore b/c it only positively guarantees no nap. So, upon entering her room after "naptime" was over, I not surprisingly found her completely void of any clothing whatsoever. She then begins a commentary of her last few hours of play...

"Mommy, look, I having a picnic" spreading her blanket out in her crib and rolling her naked bum all over the "picnic blanket".

"I said, 'Jesus, come down her now!' and he didn't come down. I said, 'JESUS, COME DOWN HERE NOW!' and he came down for the picnic."

Oh, my... Jesus, I'm sure, appreciates the invitation, but would probably rather eat off a cleaner blanket, doncha think?

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.