So, Kaden's birthday celebrations were rescheduled. It all turned out great, because my parents were coming in for a visit and we got to celebrate with them!
Three years is certainly bringing out the best in Kaden. He's proving to be THE MOST lovable kid you'll ever meet. Kisses galore, hugs galore, "I love you's" galore! He is quite the debonair, I'm telling you. Charm just oozes from his pores. Perfect example: After many, many Sundays of dropping him off at church to hear his screams all the way down the hallway, last Sunday he hugs both of his teachers telling them, "My just love you guys!" Wow. He's blowing kisses to pretty little three year olds at school, telling me frequently, "Aw, Mommy, you look pretty in that shirt!" He's just a charmer; and he knows it. To say encouragement is his gift is an understatement.
Kaden is a lover of all things that move at high speed and make loud noises. Though he may have a pink toilet seat, occasionally wear tutus and dances with his sister, and carries around "my bag" (a pink princess purse), there's no doubt he's all boy. He love his "big, huge" trucks (arms wide to show size), and nothing makes him happier that playing trains. Already, at a young age I'm seeing a wildly huge imagination that is going to take him places, for sure.
My very talkative, lovable Kaden,
I've said this about everyone of my children, but it is no less true with you... How could it be that I've only known you for three short years? Haven't we been connected at that heart since time began? You have given our family so much to smile about with your unabashed joy. Seems you can find it everywhere you look - even when being disciplined.
You've certainly taught me to take life a little less seriously. You've given me reason to lighten my load, to take time to take time. I've slowed way down and it's because of your unbelievable curiosity about - well - everything.
You seem to be quite insightful into the needs of others at a remarkably young age. I'm amazed at your quickness to help others (especially with heavy items ;)). And you seem to recognize that a compliment warms a person's heart; you dole them out frequently. The hugs, kisses, and encouragement you lavish on others is your gift to them. I pray it always comes from the heart and is used for good in your life.
Around our home we call you "chatterbox", "class clown", and "looney tune" because you encompass all of those things. You're beginning to really explore life - and this I was warned about. Your curiosity has you climbing on things the girls never attempted. It has you asking questions incessantly until you get the response you are looking for. It has you making messes just for the sake of seeing what would happen when you, for example, spread soap all over mommy's front door, or glitter paint all over our dining room table. You are teaching me that your curiosity is ingrained in who you are as a young boy. I'm learning to embrace it and how to give it boundaries, but not so close that you can't do a little self-learning.
Kaden, K-k, Kader Bugs - oh, how you bring every single one of us such joy! Our family would not be the same without your crazy antics that keeps us on our feet. We pray that as you grow into a young boy, you will use your gifts for good: to love and care for others and to bring happiness to others in desperate need. Happy, happy birthday, sweet K. "My love you!"
X0,
Mommy


1 comment:
...And how Blessed my grandchildren are that God gave them the parents that He did!
Post a Comment