Last spring my mom got a crazy, I mean CRAZY fun idea... To surprise Dad for his 65th birthday at Disney World... ALL the kids... ALL their kids... And ALL the fun ;). She planned and she planned... And she planned some more. It was no small feat to make all the arrangements under my dad's nose all without him suspecting a thing. And do you know what? She. Pulled. It. Off. Very swimmingly, too, I might add. He had NO idea.
We arranged to meet at the hotel. Brian, Jamie, Ali, Brad, Ru, and our clan all hung out in our villa together until mom gave the signal. After a time or two of nearly blowing it, Ali and Brad proceeded with the plan to knock at their door, only for my dad to open it and find Ru on the doorstep! He was thrilled! Although absolutely excited his daughter and her family were there, they, too, live in Florida so it wasn't all that unusual that she would come. Perhaps he still wouldn't suspect a surprise... Until Ella, Hannah, Gracyn, and Kaden knocked at the door! Now, that's a little more unusual since we are 7 hours away... THEN to solidify, Brian, Jamie (who are flying distance only away), and their soon-to-be son knocked at the door! It was official! The birthday weekend he never dreamed could take place, but always would remember!
Many people asked me about Disney on my return. As truly fun as it was, all the magical moments seen through the eyes of a child, and the uniqueness of the experience, I will tell ya, being together just took the cake. I adore my family and being with them was just the most "magical" of all. Here are some pics of our time together. It was a vacation to remember.











3 comments:
Great pics and looks like lots of fun!
For real.....I had more fun than anyone else!!!! Thank you everyone for memories that will last a lifetime! It was AWESOME!
Dad, Grandpa
I don't know why, but I only realize how big the kids are getting when I see it in pictures! Wow! Thanks for making this such a special event for us...you are right...being together was the best part of all!!!
Post a Comment