September 8, 2013

First Day of School

While the rest of the city was gearing up for their first day of school, we were working well into our fourth week.  I love the flexibility of homeschooling, among other things.  And since the rain made the mosquitos so flipping incredibly miserable this year, not to mention the muggy South Carolina heat,  I am considering working through most of the summer next year and taking a 6-8 week fall break.

We LOVE to be outdoors, but in the summer, and especially this summer, there was little outdoor time.  Now that the days are cooling off a bit (like 88 instead of 98) we are getting outside more and loving it. Hmmm... Fall Vacation instead of Summer Vacation.  Sounds delightful to me :).

Here are some pictures from our first day of school.


 The Whole (Sleepy) Gang
 Ella:  The Third Grade Book Worm
 Hannah:  The Second Grade Budding Artist
 Gracyn:  The 4K Princess
Kaden:  The Two Year Old Train Conductor

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Gracyn is soooo grown up!! Love seeing your pictures! I will be watching your progress with the chicks..you may inspire me to do the same! :)


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.