"If we have a daughter, we would like to name her after Lilia."
Talking about it was out of the question... Praying about it wasn't necessary. I don't even think we looked at each other to see the other's response. Jason answered what we both felt deeply in our hearts. "Praying about it isn't necessary. It would be an honor to us."
And with that, my sister and her husband's first daughter was named.
On that same visit, Ali gave my mother and I necklaces in honor of Lilia. She had one to match. She asked if we would wear them at her shower, to remember the life that grew inside me for 9 months as we celebrated the life growing inside of her. My sweet sister has this pure compassion that just pours from her. It's a selfless, asking-for-nothing-in-return kind of tenderheartedness. I love that about her. She has taught me so much.
That necklace, the one we cried over as she gave it to my mom and I, was with her as she brought forth her very first, pink, juicy, precious little girl into this world. HER Lilia. Ruhamy Lilia. And that first night they were together as mother and daughter, Ruhamy fell asleep grasping that necklace. It was an honor I didn't expect, don't deserve, but am forever grateful for.
The necklace reads "Lilia Born to Jesus".
Thank you, Ali and Brad. My words are so insignificant to the true depth to which you blessed me and Jason. We love you and love our very beautiful, dimply little niece!

2 comments:
There is no deeper bond than the family relationships where God has placed us to experience this life. Husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, and grandparents. Thank you Lord for our family....we are blessed beyond description.
I hope you already know, without my telling you, that you are the best sister in the world.
I used to picture that Brad's and my family would be so cute if we had two sons one day. Then I had sweet Baby Ru! Now, I think my family would be perfect if I could give Ru a sister, just so she knows what it's like to have what I have :)
You are so special to me!
Post a Comment