When I first heard about it I had this crazy picture in my mind... Guys all decked out in camouflage, rifles ready, perched atop a tree just looking for the perfect mushroom. Let me tell you, it's not too far off that. And this, my friends, is how we spent our family vacation this year.
In order to raise our girls right, Jason wanted to take them mushroom huntin' (btw, it's huntin' not hunting). But it is unheard of here in South Carolina. Grounds must be ripe and ready and just perfect for growing the kinds you can deep fry and devour. So, off we went to Indiana teach the girls a thing or two, and hoping to make some sweet memories along the way.
The best part of our trip was being with the Anderson crew. I never laugh as hard as I do when I'm with them. The Andersons have a way of dishing it out to one another... But the great thing is that they can all take it, too. The teasing is all in fun and fun we have! Here's a photo journey of our time together.
The best part of our trip was being with the Anderson crew. I never laugh as hard as I do when I'm with them. The Andersons have a way of dishing it out to one another... But the great thing is that they can all take it, too. The teasing is all in fun and fun we have! Here's a photo journey of our time together.
We met the 2nd cousins for a park playdate on Sunday afternoon. These sweet little girls are too cute for words. Such precious little sweeties! Shawn and April are amazing parents and so blessed with such a precious family!
We got in a little football, even Kaden played some ball!
The two men in my life... My cuties... I think I'll keep 'em.
More sweet cousins... More playin'...
Mamaw got her exercise for the week chasing around our crazy kids at the park!
If you ever want to vacation and be treated and fed like royalty, here's the woman to see (Grandma Kate). We. Were. Spoiled. Rotten.
Brother Bear doesn't always get his way, and that's tough when you're in the terrible two's.
Tag memories. The girls played this NON-STOP. Favorite thing we heard them say:
Let's see if Susie will play! She's slow so we can always win with her!
Um... I'm sorry, but Susie doesn't look like the only slow one. That tree there... That's base. And all those adults? Let's just say they aren't tree huggers.
And this final pic is not from the trip. Just a little something thrown in the mix. Gotta love having a diesel, a hot day, and landscaping that needs to be done.
Oh, and in case you're curious. The mushroom hunting was a bust. We were about a week too late. Jason and his dad, however, spent about 3 hours in the pouring down rain in Hoosier National Forest searching for some. Didn't find a thing, but loved every minute of it (well, almost)!


.jpg)




.jpg)










1 comment:
Looks like you had a wonderful trip! This mushroom hunting is so interesting to me...can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment