February 3, 2012

I love....

I love watching my children's hearts unfold... I love Hannah's sweet, sweet nature.  Always on the verge of a giggle and always giving where others are without.  I love seeing her think.  She has to mull things over in her mind.  It has taught me patience to give her the time she needs to process and explain what is going on in her thoughts.  I love the peace that comes with being near Hannah.  She just has that way about her.

I love Ella's initially shy yet not-too-long-after gregarious nature.  Fun is Ella's middle name and I love that a little bit of slapstick is all it takes to conjure up a belly laugh from her.  She has a smile that can capture a room and a silent servant's heart.  She cares deeply about helping others and is always the first to lend a hand.  I love the closeness that comes with being near Ella.  She has this way of connecting our hearts.

I love Gracyn's abundant personality.  Her smile stretches for miles and sometimes I wonder if it hurts to smile as much as she does.  I love that Gracyn is never without an answer; always quick to respond and many times backtracking because her mouth is faster than her brain.  I love the joy that comes with being near Gracyn.  You can't help but laugh (a lot) whenever she is around.

I love Kaden's serious inquisitiveness.  He is constantly asking about things without saying a word.  I love that he is just as giggly as he is serious.  There's nothing better than seeing his smile from behind the two fingers which are permanently stuck in his mouth all day long.  I love that he is our first boy and oh, so cuddly.  His kisses melt me.  I love the warmth that comes with being near Kaden.

All of our kids are so different, yet each has a piece of my heart in a big, big way.  There is not one more special than the other, yet each is the most special to me.  I can't imagine my life without a single one of them and I'm forever grateful that my idea of a certain sized family was not God's.  They are each one precious and purposed and molded by our Father.

For you created my inmost being; 
                                                you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;    
your works are wonderful,    
I know that full well. 
 My frame was not hidden from you   
 when I was made in the secret place,    
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Psalm 139: 13-15

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.