Since so many have asked, I thought I'd share... The tooth fairy gave Ella two dollars, a note, and some coloring pages (of herself, of course).
And listen to this... I pulled Hannah aside and thanked her for celebrating with Ella in her lost tooth and $2. She could've easily been jealous and pouty, but she chose instead to be happy for her. I thought that deserved recognition. I could see Ella listening in on our conversation and she walked over, handed her $1 and said, "Since I have two, I thought I would share one with you." Now, I don't know about you, but that just made this momma's heart happy, thankful, and full of joy. But, it didn't end there. As they were putting their dollars in their banks, Hannah put hers in her "church" bank without saying a word. I asked her if that is what she meant to do and she assured me it was.
Those two actions are what I hold onto when I, like any other mother, worry if I'm doing right for them. And I rest on something greater to remind me that even in all of my many, many faults, I am trying to follow these words of instruction from the Creator of each of them.
Proverbs 4:10-13
Listen, my son. Accept my words,
and you will live many years.
and you will live many years.
I am teaching you the way of wisdom;
I am guiding you on straight paths.
I am guiding you on straight paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be hindered;
when you run, you will not stumble.
when you run, you will not stumble.
Hold on to instruction; don't let go.
Guard it, for it is your life.
Guard it, for it is your life.
2 comments:
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! What a wonderful moment ;)
That's so beautiful. I love it when you have a moment when you realize it is going the way you pray for!
Post a Comment