"Girls, have you seen Gracyn?"
"Yeah... She's sitting on the stairs."
Wait. I need to back up 24 hours to tell this story. It seems the day before Jason walked in on the little cutie digging through our refrigerator. You see, she had found the steaks I recently purchased and was doing a little investigation. Jason, naturally not wanting our daughter to think it's ok to touch raw meat, or to help herself to any food in the refrigerator, told her "No, no touching. Time out for you." And off to the stairs (our time out zone) she went. Jason wrapped the meat back up and that was the end of it... So we thought.
The next day as we were getting ready to go somewhere, Gracyn was nowhere to be found. I looked and looked. While the big girls had already headed outside I wondered if maybe she had followed them, "Girls, have you seen Gracyn?"
"Yeah, she's sitting on the stairs."
Sure enough, there was the missing little stinker sittin' on the stairs. Now, I realized at this time that she had been there the whole time I searched for her. Had to be a good 3-5 minutes. So, I had to know why she was there. "Babe, what are you doin'?"
"No, no touch. No touch!"
"What?" Whenever I'm clueless to what she's talking about I simply say, "Show me." That's when she took my hand and led me to the refrigerator the whole time saying, "No, no touch. No touch!"
Gracyn then proceeded to open the fridge door, point to the steaks that had been halfway unwrapped and say to me again, "No, no touch. No, no."
Seems she had gotten into the steaks, yet again, realized her mistake and put herself in time out. I gotta say... I might be out of a job.
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)

No comments:
Post a Comment