I used to call myself a "black thumb". Seriously. I killed everything I touched and anything else within a 5 foot radius.
I believe it is now safe to call myself a "green thumb". This, my friends, is my very own garden. After 2 years of utter failure when it comes to gardening, my sweet friend Brenda taught me everything she knew. And now, I have a thriving, vibrant, beautiful vegetable garden. It's funny, really... I don't need any bells and whistles, no fences or fancy dirt... Brenda showed me that simplicity is the best policy when it comes to growing your own food. And I can't wait to eat it up!
It has been a great learning experience for me, and I am thrilled to have the knowledge to pass on to my kiddos. The girls love to see how much bigger the garden grows seemingly overnight (and after a good rain). It didn't take long for our squash and cauliflower to begin sprouting up... Next will come our carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and my mouth-watering favorite... Beans and corn! Mmmm... I can taste them now :)!
Just the Six of Us
Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.
A Look Back
-
►
2013
(50)
- December (3)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (7)
- August (1)
- July (9)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (1)
-
►
2012
(47)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (7)
- January (9)
-
▼
2011
(70)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (13)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (6)
- January (7)
-
►
2010
(53)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- February (6)
- January (5)
-
►
2009
(39)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (6)
- April (6)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (5)


No comments:
Post a Comment