January 14, 2011

There's Nothin' a Little PB & J Won't Fix

I picked the girls up from school the other day and it was clear from the get-go that Ella's heart was hurting.  With only one question posed, she burst into tears.  It seemed her best little pal was not so sweet to her.  Her heart was breaking... My heart was breaking.  Frankly, I could hardly stand it.  So this is what it feels like... To be a momma and watch your children ache from a broken heart... And this is only the beginning.
With promises to hold her when we got home, she seemed to be comforted.  Of course, I couldn't get home fast enough.  I arranged it so that we could have some time alone and I just held her while she cried.  We talked it over and (I) realized it was not the end of the world.  We agreed on some solutions and she seemed to be feeling much better.  Then, I did what any other mother would do... I got out some peanut butter, some jelly, and a whole lotta bread... And together we made TRIPLE DECKER PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES:  The solution to life's hardships.  I think it did its job, don't you?




























1 comment:

Ali said...

Thank you for being such a shining example of God's love/grace/forgiveness to my sweet, honey-pie, cutie-patooty, growing up too fast, lovely niece, Ella. Love her. Love you.


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.