April 21, 2009

Four Months Already!


Wow! Has it really been four months since our precious little Gracyn was born? She's growing way too fast for Mommy... Much faster than the other two did, it seems. In the last month, Gracyn has come out of her shell. She's enjoying playtime with her sisters so much that she cries when they are not around to entertain her. She adores Ella and laughs at Hannah.
We have discovered through process of elimination that Gracyn is allergic to cow's milk. Since I have been nursing, it was a tough few weeks trying to figure out what was causing a rash on her from head to toe. After some investigation, we determined it to be a food allergy... Thus, I cannot drink my typical 1 gallon a week of milk that I'm used to. I've become an avid soy milk drinker, though, and doubt I will ever go back. :)
Gracyn has started solid foods. She LOVES fruit and is a bit indifferent to veggies, like most kids. In an effort to be more healthy, I puree her fruits and veggies. This way she can get a wider variety of foods. So far she's had avocados, mangoes, bananas, apples, peas, squash, and sweet potatoes. Not to mention, it is a big money saver, too.


No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.