February 10, 2009

Love My Girls





















































































Gracyn's two months old now... Oh, how the time flies! I can't begin to explain how much joy she brings to every member of our family. She's a sweet spirit, has a precious crooked smile, and the softest giggle like she's laughing to herself. She's giving Mommy some much needed sleep and the girls many reasons to kiss, kiss, kiss her and kiss her more!

Ella continues to be the second mother in our home. The other night I was in the attic looking for something. I left Gracyn in her crib to play and as I was searching through boxes the thought crossed my mind.... "I bet Ella is in G's crib 'taking care of her'".
Sure enough, I rushed downstairs to see Ella in the crib and had covered her little nudy body up with a blanket, kissing her, of course, and exclaiming, "MOMMY, I was taking care of Gracyn!!"
"Oh, THANK YOU, Ella!" Biting my tongue trying not to FLIP out, "You are so sweet and helpful! Now, next time, please ask Mommy if you can get in her crib, K?"

Ella's often asking us if she can have a baby when she grows up. Our response, of course, is, "YES, when you get married."
Remembering her Aunt Ali's wedding well, she proceeds to tell us, "OK. When I grow up I'm gonna go to a wedding and have a baby! Then I'll go to another wedding and have TWO babies! Then I'll go to another wedding and have THREE babies!" holding her little fingers up to show us how many... Getting all the way up to ten she said exasperated, "I'm gonna have a BIG belly!!!" (Thinking to myself, OK, but let's keep it to just one wedding, hm?)

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.