November 9, 2008

More Bible Stories

We've been reading about the parable of the lost coins. Hannah LOVES this one! We get out ten silver coins and tell the story like Jesus did. When we get to the part where the woman loses a coin, I throw one across the room and the girls have to "find" it. They search high and low then jump up and down and cheer when they find it... When the woman calls her friends, the girls like to act this out, too.

The other day, Hannah was retelling the story to her stuffed animals. I just listened in, and here's what I heard...
"One, two, free, four, fie, six, seben, eight, nine, ten coins! And then she LOST one (emphasizing the throwing across the room). Let's gooooo fiiiiiiind it, high and low... YEAH!!!! I find it! I call my friends.... MAAAARRRRRYYYY!!! Mary, I found my coin! (with "pretend" phone up to ear)" Mary is the girls adopted Grandma through Stuart and the girls can't wait to see her in December! Soooo sweet!

No comments:


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.