The first day of preschool went off without a single tear... That is, pouring from Ella's eyes. As Mommy and Hannah dropped her off at her classroom, I welled up just a little. And Hannah, well, her words sum it up quite well, "I want my Ella!"You see, my decision to put Ella in preschool was made 6 months ago when she could hardly pull herself away from me without a drop-down-drag-out emotional upheaval. I thought she needed to learn that Mommy will always come back, to have experiences with other nurturing authority, and to have that interaction with other kids without me by her side.
After the anti-climactic drop off today, I wonder if she really has any lessons to learn after all. She seems quite well-adjusted. No problems today! So, I guess pre-school can hold off for another year, right? ;-)
I suppose the less than satisfactory drama that went on this morning is a good indication that my baby is growing up... That we're doing something right, somewhere... And that all in all school is a good thing for both of us.
A commentary from the BIG girl herself on her 1st day of preschool:
"Mom, when's lunch?" (as soon as I shut the car door)
"We didn't watch TV! Can I watch some at home?" (after all that, she realized she missed her "show" for the day?)
After intense questioning from Mommy, "I don't know, Mommy, I need a talking break right now." (wonder where she hears that?)
"I was little bit whiny because I didn't want to play right away... so I just colored."
"Mrs. Russell had to help me in the bathroom because I didn't like the bathroom."
"Mom, we got to go in a castle!" (huh? wish I knew what half this stuff meant)



No comments:
Post a Comment