July 26, 2007

Goodbye Terrible Two's... Hello Terrible One's!



We're packing up the terrible two's with Ella Belle... Don't get me wrong, we certainly haven't stood at the door and waved goodbye to the tantrums forever. But, we are experiencing a much more well-mannered, sweet spirited little toddler. God has blessed me... Ahhh, so there is value in being consistent, even if it takes 6 months to a year before you see results... and cursed me at the same time...



In another corner of our little household, the dragon has reared its ugly head. Watch out! Hannah didn't just turn one three weeks ago... She morphed into a moody, fire-breathing, fire-spitting, tumultuous toddler. Whew! Goodbye terrible two's, hello terrible one's!! I have a feeling we're in it for the long haul with this one (and anyone reading this who has seen Hannah in one of her "moments" knows just what I'm saying). God knew what he was doing when he gave me "practice" with Ella. This one is the real deal.

So, if you see us out and about, our hair disheveled, our clothing shredded and stained, scratches on our faces, and Hannah driving, know that we put up a good fight (and please have sympathy). She's a stubborn little pistol.

PS -- Any advice on the poster child for "The Strong Willed Child" would be pleasantly accepted.

PSS -- Dramatic elements have been added to this blog for shock value. We really do love our little stinker.

1 comment:

I teach . . . said...

When I was pregnant with Z my mother gave me her very tattered, very highlighted copy of "The Strong Willed Child" to read as I raised my own SWC. I only wish we lived closer so Z and Hannah could be pilot and co-pilot together. I too have a stubborn one that often makes decisions for the entire family. Hang in there, it gets easier and more difficult all at the same time.

Amaanda


Just the Six of Us

Six may seem like a lot but only to others. It is who we are. Some people like peace and quiet (who doesn't?), but the quiet we lack we gain all the more in giggles, feet scampering, I love yous, tickles, tiny voices singing. Being a mother to these four amazing little people and a wife to the most incredible person I know is a blessing that can't be put into words; I am living my dream.